WHY GET INVOLVED?
When you register for Miles for Hope, you are signing up for a fundraising mission to help keep kids safe. In 2019, NCMEC assisted law enforcement with more than 29,000 cases of missing children, 91% of which were endangered runaways. Of the runaways reported to NCMEC, 1 in 6 are likely victims of sex trafficking. This event will raise critical funds to support our cause and with children spending more time online, away from the safe haven of school and camp, the need is greater than ever.
By becoming a fundraiser for Miles for Hope, you'll raise awareness and funds to support the many programs that NCMEC provides to children, families, law enforcement, social service agencies and others when they need help with a missing, exploited or recovered child. Whether walking, running or cycling, your participation in Miles for Hope will help NCMEC do what we do best: protect children against abduction, abuse and exploitation - because every child deserves a safe childhood.
IMPACT OF DONATIONS
Let your supporters know how their donation will make a difference. No amount is too small!
- $5.00 helps provide clothing and toiletries for survivors of child sex trafficking
- $10.00 helps distribute posters of missing children to millions of people online
- $25.00 helps train law enforcement on how to handle cases of online exploitation of children
- $50.00 provides child identification cards with pictures and fingerprints for 80 children
- $100.00 cyber bullying and internet safety education for 100 children
- $500.00 helps print and distribute 2,000 Missing Children posters nationwide
While we are not enforcing fundraising minimums for 2021, we appreciate that you are doing your best to reach your personal fundraising goal. We strongly suggest a minimum goal of $300, and encourage you to continue your fundraising campaign through September 30th.