To report a missing child, please call the toll free hotline
Since 1984, the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children® has served as the leading private, nonprofit organization helping to find missing children, reduce child sexual exploitation and prevent future victimization.
A private, nonprofit organization established in 1984, NCMEC operates under a Congressional mandate and works in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Justice’s Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Program.
NCMEC/NY creates and distributes posters of missing children Nationally and into Mexico and Canada. We are the only tier-two geographically targeted poster distribution center in the U.S.
Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, NCMEC has offices nationally in California, Florida, New York and Texas. The Ride for Missing Children directly funds the New York Regional office, so all funds raised stay local in New York State. Through your generosity we are able to educate thousands of parents, students, educators and law enforcement each year.
The mission of NCMEC includes:
- Serving as a clearinghouse of information about missing and exploited children
- Operating a CyberTipline that the public may use to report Internet-related child sexual exploitation
- Providing technical assistance to individuals and law enforcement agencies in the prevention, investigation, prosecution and treatment of cases involving missing and exploited children
- Assisting the U.S. Department of State in certain cases of international child abduction in accordance with the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction
- Offering training programs to law enforcement and social service professionals
- Distributing photographs and descriptions of missing children worldwide
- Coordinating child protection efforts with the private sector
- Networking with non profit service provides and state clearinghouses about missing person cases
- Providing information about effective state legislation to help ensure the protection of children
NCMEC/NY offers Abduction Prevention Education to schools and community groups at no charge.
If you are interested in scheduling a speaker for your school or group, please contact the your regional office.
- Personal Safety
- Internet Safety / Cyberbullying / Inappropriate Texting
- Overview of NCMEC
- The Ride for Missing Children
For more information about NCMEC, please visit their website.